Friday, August 8, 2008

we'll, i'm in memphis for good now. i will miss the wonderful hospitality of the Booth house. it was good to have such great friends to keep me company when i was so far away from my girls. the best times were just sitting around on the couch and watching ghost shows and murder mysteries. this was my view from the toilet... every time i had to concentrate i would just focus on that little fleck of blue paint on the floor board.


My final in Organic Chemistry was moved up to Tuesday instead of Thursday. and since Tuesday was our third anniversary, I was so excited to be able to surprise Crystal. It was so incredible to be able to spend the evening with my love. I knew when I turned in my final that I had done well. I was the second one to turn it in, taking less than half the class period. It turns out that I made a 101 on it! and that gave me an A in the class! So that was a huge relief.

I am so glad to be done traversing this long, beautiful, crazy state. I made it through an overturned tractor-trailer, a huge chemical spill that closed I-40, a burning tractor-trailer, a church shooting, and lots and lots of road construction. and I am glad to be done with it all. I saw some interesting things... and it's good to know that traveling by car is the most reliable form of transportation...


On the way to Memphis I had to stop when I saw a cannon on the side of the road. It was Parker's CrossRoads, a civil war battlefield. It was such a beautiful place and I had to take a few shots. there will be more to see later.

So here I am, dealing with a hundred and one things to take care of before school starts next week. definitely nervous. starting to feel more like i'm drowning that floating. but so so glad to be here, to be a family again.

and always remember... Got Problems? Just have Faith in Jesus!

2 comments:

LarryD said...

WOO HOO 101 and A! Congrats friend!!!

Finleys Nana said...

Your so amazing! You are going do great!!! I am so proud of you....