Thursday, September 25, 2008

Spiders, Triamterene, and Stethoscopes



apparently memphis has a spider problem. apparently we are in the heart of spider territory. apparently i didn't get that memo. this morning i woke up, fumbled into the bathroom, eyes still full of sleep. i leaned over to brush my teeth and there sat a monster spider waiting to eat my soul. i nearly had a heart attack. this was one of those crazy wolf-spider looking beasts and it must have crawled up out of the drain. and in my heart i know he has friends (a lot of them probably) and that literally makes me shiver. so there i am, six a.m., standing in the safety of the bedroom, in just my boxers, filling the bathroom with half a can of bug spray until everything was coated with it and the monster had shriveled up and died. i could barely take a shower after that. i had visions of spiders coming out of the shower head, crawling through my hair. i could see them crawling up through the drain and eating my toes. i could feel them creeping up my legs. i had to shake my towel out and each piece of clothing had to be beaten before i could put it on. i know i have issues, but it's not right to scare a man like that when he's half asleep. that just about screwed up my whole day.

today i had to wear a tie. i had to counsel a patient on her new medication. it counts for a grade that is 15% of my final grade in my basic skills class. here's how it went.
1. she was not a real patient... she was an actor.
2. it was video taped, and will be graded by the actor, a real pharmacist, and myself.
3. i had a list of blood pressure and fluid pills to be familiar with and didn't know which one i would have to counsel on until five minutes before the session began.
4. it was a little stressful and i was nervous.
5. i told her she could take advil with dyazide. that's probably not a good thing... ooops.
6. they will email me the video and i have to watch it and grade myself. that should be interesting.
7. i bought a stethoscope and it came in today! check out Finn's site to see some cute pics of it.
8. tomorrow's friday. thank goodness.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

love you!

Christy said...

ahhhhhhhh...the spides!!!! i'm so sorry you encountered one of the big guys...urggggg!!

Roberson said...

Ok #1: You were 100% naked when I awoke to your screams, while bugspray filled my lungs....

and #2: It was tiny (it meaning the spider, haha) You are a big baby. and I love you so much. :)

Finleys Nana said...

hahahahahahahahahahahaha.... I love your story's too Drew.... You will get over that spider thing.... they don't do much but sit there and eat other bugs... I love you!

Andrew Roberson said...

yeah, eat other bugs... AND ME!!!! i had forgotten about the naked thing. i guess i was too freaked out about the fact that there was a SPIDER about to KILL ME.