Sunday, October 26, 2008

third post today. don't be mad. i just have to say...

Why is there High Fructose Corn Syrup in EVERYTHING!??!!?!? Today at the store I read the labels on everything in an attempt to avoid obesity and death. I nearly had a panic attack. It's in bread, it's in yogurt (even low fat), it's in chips, it's in canned fruit, it's in meat, it's in chili, it's not however, in light mayonnaise. what would it take to get HFCS removed from the market? i bet there would be a lot of angry corn farmers in the midwest.

1 comment:

Christy said...

there's a new grocery store in the old white's by ETSU called Earthfare. It's supposed to be "high fructose corn syrup" free and pretty much organic from what I've read. I have a friend who works there...it just opened a few weeks ago, but I wanna go and check it out. It REALLY stinks how much more $$$ it costs to eat healthy...