Sunday, December 7, 2008

prickly evil bush

this year for my birthday Tim and Tammy wanted to get me a shop-vac for our garage. So I went to Sears and found this one that actually has a detachable leaf blower! So not only can I clean out the cars and clean out the garage, but i can also blow off the front porch and the driveway. I'm so excited!
Crystal bought me some new tennis shoes (we just haven't gone to pick them out.) finley got me some deodorant (which was great cause i had just run out). we had to go out for my birthday dinner three times before we got a restaurant that we liked (we finally settled on Fox Ridge Pizza... can't go wrong with that...) but I had such a wonderful birthday.

This morning I hung Christmas lights on the front of the house. We haven't plugged them in yet, but we are quite excited about it. It's so much fun to have a house that we can decorate any way we want...

While I was out there I decided it was time to remove the prickly stupid bush from around the mailbox. It was just plain out of control, and it has stabbed me too many times when I check the mail.

It is a huge bush. I was a little nervous that the neighbors might think it was dumb. But we are the only one on the block with a bush around the mailbox.

you can see the lights i hung this morning

So I started hacking and sawing.
and sawing
and sawing
apparently it had been growing there for a while...
until it was all gone
or at least it was all moved to the other side of the driveway...
it made quite a difference... it still needs some work to finish it off and keep it from coming back... but at least now i can check the mail without being afraid for my life.

starting tomorrow i will be studying every waking hour for the next week and a half. finals are here and the semester is over. merry christmas

1 comment:

Finleys Nana said...

I hate those prickly poky things too!